New Awards Policy for East Anglia Group VTTA events : effective 9 May 2021 Following some confusion at the start of the season concerning the new VTTA standards and also appropriate prize lists in EAVTTA events, the committee has agreed a policy template for EAVTTA event organisers to ensure consistency of awards across all our promotions and to relieve organisers of responsibility for what have sometimes recently proved contentious decisions.
Please note that this proposed policy applies solely to EAVTTA awards. Where one of our events is incorporated in an open event, as, for example, in the Leo 30 or the Viking 50, awards for the open event are, of course, at the total discretion of the organiser and/or the organising club or association.
1. There will be no awards for actual fastest.
2. Awards will be made on standard “plus” or “vets’ handicap”, with separate results lists for men and women and separate prize lists.
3. In order to ensure broad equality of access to awards, the number of awards offered in each category will be proportional to the number of entries in that category according to the following formula:
First place will be awarded in each category irrespective of the number of entries. Thereafter, one award will be added for every 10 entries per category. Thus, a field with 90 male competitors and 30 female competitors would have 10 awards for men and 4 awards for women.
4. Awards will be identical in value, place, for place, for men and women as follows: 1st: £30; 2nd: £25; 3rd; £20; 4th: £15; 5th and all subsequent places: £10. Riders placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd may opt to receive a medal in lieu of a monetary prize. These values will be kept under annual review.
5. There will be separate team awards on aggregate standard or vets’ handicap for men and women. Men’s teams will comprise the best three male riders on standard from one club. Women’s teams will comprise the best two female riders on standard from one club.
6. Where a Group perpetual trophy has historically been awarded for Best East Anglia Group Member on Standard for a particular event, in future, the trophy will be awarded jointly to the best man and best woman on standard and will be inscribed with both names. Both male and female trophy winners will be invited as guests to the annual Group luncheon.